Thank you so so much to Sammie of the Bookshelves & Biros blog for the nomination! I was ecstatic to receive it! Please visit her blog and see her amazing stuff here !
I also searched around around a bit for the origins of this award but couldn’t really find anything except other posts like this.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10)
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations
- What’s your favourite thing to cook? I make a mean Shepherd’s Pie, to be honest. I love it and it is one of the few things I actually enjoy cooking.
- Snog, marry, throw off a cliff: Will Herondale, Julian Blackthorn, Magnus Bane. Okay, I have to admit a not-so-secret secret. I have only read the first four books of the Mortal Instruments series, so I only know who Magnus Bane is. I have heard great things about Will Herondale and Julian Blackthorn but since I have yet to read them myself, it won’t be a difficult choice. Marry: Magnus Bane (he just cracks me up!); Snog: Will Herondale; Throw off a cliff: Julian Blackthorn.
- Coffee or tea? Like a proper Anglophile, I prefer tea. Unfortunately I don’t get to enjoy it much in the summer. I have a naturally low temperature so if I drink hot things when it’s hot out, I am extremely uncomfortable. I hate, absolutely hate, iced tea, so I’m stuck with other beverages until it cools down a bit.
- What’s the best quote you’ve recently come across in a book? “When you spend so long trapped in darkness, Lucien, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.” A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Name three things you couldn’t live without. The ability to read, now that I have known it. Love. Air, obviously.
- If you had to get rid of all but one of the apps on your phone, which one would you keep? Safari, since I can access everything else of importance from it, ha.
- Do you have any WordPress pet peeves/annoyances? Not really, at least, not that I can think of.
- Describe your ideal Saturday morning. Waking up without an alarm, with warm, bright sunlight pouring into the room. Being able to spend the whole morning reading without having a spasm of anxiety for any reason.
- Open the book closest to your laptop/computer/tablet to page 54: what does the first line say? “Aunt Petunia let out a hair-raising shriek: nothing this filthy had entered her house in living memory; Dudley drew his large bare pink feet off the floor and sat with them raised almost above his head, as though he thought the creature might run up his pajama trousers, and Uncle Vernon bellows, ‘What the hell is that?'” Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury First Edition. (I just bought this edition from my local used book store a few days ago)
- What’s your favourite cocktail? It’s a toss-up between a mud slide and a ginger snap. Both are delicious!
- Beth – Reading Every Night
- Jo – BookLoversBlog
- Chelsie – Chelsie’s Book Addiction
- Emma – thebookbrief
- Fay – Bibliophile Soprano
- May – Sunsets and Bookfests
- Nicole – Awayinneverland
- Stephanie – Adventures of a Bibliophile
- The Book Queen – Royal Book Review
- Dee – The Bookish Khaleesi
- Which book is one of your guilty pleasure reads?
- What is your favorite book quote of all time?
- What book are you most looking forward to reading?
- Who is your favorite person in all of history, dead or alive, and why?
- If you had to give up one of your senses, which one would you choose?
- What is your favorite non-domesticated animal?
- If you could read one book for the first time all over again, which book would it be and why?
- What book that is relatively under the radar do you wish more people would read?
- What are some of your favorite hobbies?
- What is a word that you love and what is a word that you hate?
Happy reading, fellow bookworms!