Hello friends and fellow bookworms!
I love getting to do these tags! Many thanks to Kayla at Kdrewkthebookworm for the nomination! And guys, be sure to check out her blog! It’s fantastic!
Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
Nominate 11 blogs.
Ask them 11 questions.
So let’s get on with it!
If your region is just finishing up spring, what are you doing this summer? Or if not, what did you do this past summer?
My region is about a week away from winter, so the second one applies to me. This past summer I worked, read books and blogged (naturally), went to my sister-in-law’s college graduation (Go Chrissy!), and hung out with friends and family. All-in-all a good summer, really!
How many physical books do you own?
Hi, my name is Taylor/The Book Wench and I have a “problem.”
Not counting the books in storage or on my kindle app, I have 1,031 physical books in my apartment.
Mind you, I have been collecting for years and some of them are books I have had since I was 7 years old or even younger.
Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
If something major and long-lasting comes up, like school or illness. I generally try to finish whatever I’m reading so I can be 100% honest and fair with my review and recommendation. But if the book simply doesn’t capture my attention (and I mean if I just can’t get past the first couple of chapters/pages after trying multiple times) then I will. But that does not always mean I will never read it. I DNF’d Jurassic Park at least 3 times in 10 years and finally read, finished, LOVED it last year!
I am a massive whim-reader so sometimes a certain book just isn’t what I need.
What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! I LOVED it. In fact, I just post my review of it!
What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging, specifically book blogging, is, well, books. I love getting to talk books and recommend them. Writing about them makes me happy. Since I started blogging, I have read so many amazing books and met so many amazing people!
My least favorite thing isn’t even really about blogging, but about me. Even though I have been writing a long time, I still have major confidence issues with my reviews and other posts. I second guess myself all of the time. Thankfully, I have two lovely friends (my dear Ashley Marie and Dawn, AKA The Page Maiden, my co-blogger) who are ready to help with good old-fashioned constructive criticism and support!
Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
Ooh! This is a great one! I may steal it!
“Long before the Red Queen of Mortmesne came to power, the Glace-Vert was already a lost cause.” – Erika Johansen, The Fate of the Tearling
What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
I use my computer for the most part but if I’m at a friend’s house and inspiration hits, I have the WordPress app on my phone so I can update. Plus it helps with uploading photos directly too!
Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
I like archery. I’m not particularly skilled at it, but it is fun and I hope to become really good at it. I use a compound bow now but I eventually want to go to a recurve bow.
If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
England. I have been fascinated with England (well, the UK and Ireland, actually) since I was a child and there a million places I would love to go to (King’s Cross, Hever Castle, and the Tower of London, just to name a few).
What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
“Belle” from Beauty and the Beast. Of course.
Look there she goes that girl is so peculiar
I wonder if she’s feeling well
With a dreamy, far-off look
And her nose stuck in a book
What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle
Give a shoutout to 5 awesome bloggers, and spread the love like confetti!
Well, I would be remiss if I didn’t say that every one of the bloggers I follow are amazing!
- Jolien at The Fictional Reader
- Betty at The Geeky Bibliophile
- Emma at It’s a Reader’s Life
- Zahra at Belles and Books
- Tasya at The Literary Huntress
1. Is there a movie that you think is better than the book? If so, what is it and why?
2. What was the book that got you into reading? If you don’t remember that, what is the first book you remember reading/being read?
3. Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
4. Is there a book you expected to love but really disliked? What about one you expected to hate but loved? Why?
5. If you could meet any author that has already passed, who would it be and why? What is your favorite book by them?
6. Where do you normally get your books?
7. Print books or eBooks?
8. Is there a bookstore or library you would love to visit that you don’t normally see/visit? (Ex. New York Library, Powell Books, The Strand, etc).
9. If you were stranded on an island with no civilization and had the choice to bring three book characters with you to help you get off of the island (with no tools, just stuff you find on the island) who would you bring and how would they help?
10. Do you have a reading spot – a place in your home, neighborhood, or town – that you prefer to read at?
11. What are five books you are looking forward to reading that will be published in 2017?
Really, anyone reading this is nominated, including those I listed for question 11, but I have still included a list below, since I love to show off the awesome bloggers that I follow!
1. Ashleigh at BookBonanzaReviews
2. Megan at bookslayerReads
3. Jade at Drink Coffee and Read Books
4. Cassandra at The Bookish Crypt
5. Lila at The Bookkeeper’s Secrets
6. Beth at Reading Every Night
7. Sammi at One Bookish Girl
8. Maja at Bookish Addict
9. Sienna at Books in Her Eyes
10. Ali at Devouring Books and Lattes
11. Kim at The Cosy Nook
Thank you again to Kayla at Kdrewkthebookworm for nominating me!